Windows Movie Maker Ultimate
Windows Movie Maker is so easy a child could use it--an incredibly patient child born to filmmaker parents who didn't mind restarting this application every few minutes. From the get-go, you get the feeling that this isn't going to be an easy program to like; Microsoft's installer doesn't play nice. It gives the user no input on program location or other options. The plain interface promises simplicity with drag-and-drop storyboard options, though during testing, it was more like drag and freeze. The program typically froze while importing MPG video files. If importing worked, Windows Movie Maker would quit responding when clips were placed on the storyboard. On the rare occasion that our testers made it to the storyboard, the program would freeze when adding one of the numerous effects. There were so many hurdles to creating a short video that no editing seemed preferable to using this software. What's more, uninstalling the program was even more tedious than installing it. It should be no surprise, then, that we can't recommend this freeware for any user.
Latest Version: 2.8 Size: 7.93 MB Platform: Windows 2000/XP/ Vista/ 7
- Import and edit slide shows and videos:Quickly add photos and footage from your PC or camera into Movie Maker. Then fine tune your movie just the way you want it. You can move things around, speed it up or slow it down—it’s up to you.
- Share your movie online:Once your movie is ready, share it online on Facebook, YouTube or other social networking and video sharing sites. Send a link to your movie in an email to family and friends so they won’t miss it.
- Edit the soundtrack and add a theme:Enhance your movie with audio and a theme. Movie Maker adds transitions and effects automatically so your movie looks polished and professional.
- Edit the audio:Get great sound in your movie by using the audio editing tools in Movie Maker. Make your finished movie feel polished and professional by adding a soundtrack and using the editing features to adjust the volume, fade music in or out, and more.
- Combine videos and photos:With Windows Movie Maker, you can make movies from your photos and videos, whether they're already on your computer or still on your camera
- Easy to edit:Use Movie Maker special effects and themes to make your movies stand out. Editing movies is now as easy as dragging and dropping the scenes, still photos, and transitions where you want them. You can even use AutoMovie to let Movie Maker create a film for you.
- Share your movies online:In just a few clicks, share your movies on your favorite social networking sites such as YouTube and Facebook.
|Supported OS||Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, Windows 7|
|Processor||1GHz or above Intel or AMD CPU|
|Free hard disk space||1GB above|
|RAM||512MB or above|